11. Blown Glass Ornaments by Zen Glass. Nestled in the heart of St. Petersburg, Florida’s infamous Warehouse Arts District, Zen Glass is one of my favorite glass art studios to visit in the country. Offering hands-on workshops and incredible events, it is a must-see if you are ever in the Tampa Bay Area.
10. Blown Glass Ornaments by Blake Street Glass. Blake Street Glass designs and hand blows each ornament. Generously, a percentage of each ornament purchased goes to Children’s Hospital Colorado. This is the last year so the more community involvement, the better. BSG will be hosting Ornament Extravaganza 2014 at their studio in Denver to benefit Children’s Hospital of Colorado: December 5, 6-9pm December 6, 9am-5pm December 7, 10am-4pm AND December 13, 9am-5pm December 14, 10am-4pm.
9. Fused Glass Ornaments by Studio Art. Detailed and colorful, each unique glass art holiday tree ornament created by artist Ilene Phelan of Studio Art is uniquely its own. Spread holiday cheer with these festive and thoughtful works of art.
8. Jellyfish by Jennifer Umphress. Jennifer Umphress has paved her way as one of today’s top glass artists, earning respect for many female artists in an industry once primarily dominated by men. Well known for her very detailed and expertly-crafted sculptural and functional works, her octopi and jellyfish among my personal favorites.
7. USA Art Glass Ornament by Spirit House Glass. Created with fused glass, this lovely glass ornament of the United States by Elizabeth Robinson of Spirit House Glass is for sale on Artful Home, and for each ornament sold, Artful Home donates a portion to Young Audiences Arts for Learning.
6. Glass Scuba Divers by Morning Light Glass. Designed by glass artist Wendy Williams of Morning Light Glass with lampwork borosilicate glass, these magnificent glass art ornaments are special and the first of this kind we have seen.
5. Scarlet Macaw by WGK Glass. WGK Glass makes amazing, life-like flameworked hanging glass figurines, among many other beautiful sculptural glass art works. Among my favorite is this sensational Scarlet Macaw ornament, gliding heroically with its colorful spread wings and intricate details.
4. Bumbershoots by Glass Eye. Handcrafted in Seattle, Washington, Glass Eye Studio creates a variety of attractive holiday ornaments. Perhaps the most eye-catching of them all are the Bumbershoots ornaments, with colorful raindrops on the umbrella.
3. Octopus Globe Ornament by Full Blown Glass. Brent and Heather, a husband and wife team, are the artists and brainpower behind Full Blown Glass. To say this ornament is festive, elegant, or perfect for the holidays would be an understatement! The ravishing borosilicate glass art ornament boasts a majestic white and red octopus, positioned atop a handblown Emerald Green base. Part of me wonders if it would taste like calamari or a candy cane…
2. Zebracorn by Milon Townsend. Intricate canework stripes adorn this beautiful “zebracorn” by legendary self-taught artist with over 30 years of experience, Milon Townsend.
1. Candy Cane Ornament by Kiva Ford. Nothing screams holiday cheer and Christmas joy quite like this adorable handblown glass ornament in borosilicate glass by renowned artist Kiva Ford.